Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pro Engineer (ProE) Wildfire 3 and Vista - annot connect to flexlm

Status
Not open for further replies.

plsntnrules

Computer
Jul 9, 2010
US
I am trying to run the setup for Pro Engineer (ProE) Wildfire 3.0 on my Vista 32 Bit OS

I am running Vista Home Premium – Service Pack 1

I was able to run it fine on my old XP machine. But had to trash the old PC when the motherboard failed.

When I doubleclick the ptcsetup.bat file and specify the name of the flexlm license server and the port # it immediately comes back with the following:

"Warning: No FLEXnet licenses were detected at the specified location. Please verify that a FLEXnet server process is running on the specified host(s). Also verify that server port numbers were specified correctly. Select OK to continue or Cancel to change your input."

I can ping the remote server OK. I can telnet to the remote server on the port specified OK.

I have tried the "Run as administrator" option when executing the .bat file. i have even tried compatabiliy mode and run it as a XP program in Vista. But still get the same error.

I think its an issue with Vista blocking something but cannot check and see what it is. Is there a log file that I can look at that will give me some info? Nothing in the Event Viewer as well.

My frind just re-installed the same app on his XP machine and connected to the same flexlm license server on the same port and was bale to download a license successfully.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi
I think on Vista Home Premium – Service Pack 1
will not run
You must have Vista Professional
regards

Wildfire is very nice, if you know,
how work with him

Status
Not open for further replies.