Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pro/Intralink 9.1. Cache files.

Status
Not open for further replies.

techky

Mechanical
Jul 8, 2011
SG
Hi guys,

Does anyone know about the file types in Intralink cache folder. Those follows as WFCONT file, STATE_LOCK File, etc etc.

Please check the attachment. Are these files editable & whats the usage of all these. Every time, I check-out or open a file in workspace, I see a lump of files like these in cache folder.

Thanks in advance for your answer !!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The files are copies of your Pro/E files in the local cache with encrypted file names. This is standard for most PDM systems. While you can look at these files in a text editor, it is best to leave them alone.
If you are having issues with the cache, create a new workspace and remove the old workspaces. There are times when Windchill does not clean up after itself and will leave the cache files even though the workspace has been deleted.
I recommend that all workspaces be cleared and deleted at least once a month AND the corresponding disk folders be deleted if Windchill did not do it.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back