Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pro/Program Inquiry. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DevO

Mechanical
Dec 28, 2000
US
I just wanted to see if anyone knew if there was a way I could have Pro/Program place varied text in a drawing just by asking yes/no questions.
Pro/E.......the only way to draw!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If you want to change the content of the note an "IF" conditional statement in the Program will take care of this.
If you are looking to change the text style in the drawing, then use drawing states and program the drawing. Repost to let me know a little bit more about what you are doing and I can send you an example of the Program.

I am making formats for my company.
I have made a table for the title block.
The thing I am trying to do is, when another worker wants to create a drawing they will pick the format they want and I will have Pro/Program ask them which division of the company this is for.
We have several divisions and each has it's own title block.
Is there any way I can integrate this question into my table?
If not, how can I write a program to place a pre-specified text in a pre-specified area and have them answer yes/no to their division?
Remember, this must be idiot proof, there needs to ne no way anyone will be asked to type in their address. Pro/E.......the only way to draw!

The program will not be located in the format, but in your company start parts and start assemblies. Make a parameter in the start part such as: LOCATION. See program lines below

INPUT
LOCATION NUMBER
"What plant location are you working in?(1,2,3)"
END INPUT

RELATIONS
IF LOCATION ==1
LOCATION_LINE_1 = 1234 Main St
LOCATION_LINE_2 = Detroit, MI 48327
ENDIF
IF LOCATION ==2
LOCATION_LINE_1 = 567 City St
LOCATION_LINE_2 = Novi, MI 48079
ENDIF
IF LOCATION ==3
LOCATION_LINE_1 = 89 King St
LOCATION_LINE_2 = Pheonix, AZ 62091
ENDIF
END RELATIONS

This program should appear in every start part and start assembly. Set your config.pro to prompt for parameters.
In your format sheet enter &LOCATION_LINE_1
&LOCATION_LINE_2

YOU CAN CUT AND PASTE THE ABOVE PROGRAM AND EDIT IT TO THE LOACTIONS YOU NEED.

I hope this was helpful.
Have a great day

What is the problem with just having the engineer pick the correct format based on their location? This would prevent you from storing address information in your assemblies and parts (unless this is what you are going for).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back