Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

pro|program question

Status
Not open for further replies.

tontonS

Industrial
Jul 14, 2005
BE
hey a braincracker here... for me at least :)

i made an assembly with 8 sub assemblies. it's a trashreceptor (a large street-model) the design is a modular one so they are connected next to each other or they can be stand alone. (i hope this is a bit clear)

the modularity doesnt stop there, inside the trashreceptor, i can choose for a glass-module (shredder) a plastic-metal-module (press) and a paper-module.

my question now is: is it possible to make a program, that once run, it asks how much modules you want, and afterworts asks which module i want to put in each of the modules.

i made my assembly so, that i have 1 complete module, with all the modules in subassemblies.
i know how to make the program to choose wich module but can't think of a way to make the program ask how much modules i want...

if anybody can help, even just a little tip to get me started, or a place where i can find more explanation?

big thanks in advance,
if there is not enough info, or if something isn't clear, ask away, i knkow my english isn't that good :)

greetz

tonton sam

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

There are many ways to do this, here is a simple one.

Make a parameter that is an Integer, and this becomes the amount of modules you need. In Pro/Program, include this paramater as one to be entered when you regenerate the assembly, and simply enter the desired value.

As a tip, set limits to the interger range, so someone does not enter 10000 or -1 units or something like that.

I hope this helps out.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back