Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

pro_format_dir help

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrandonClifton

Mechanical
May 2, 2006
US
This thread is similar to tazengr's thread that was closed without ever really getting answered.

When I create a new drawing, I click File -> New -> Drawing and select "Empty with Format." This brings up a window with all the formats I want to use and I can select one. However, I need to know where these formats are located so I can update everyone's config.pro file to point at this directory. The only thing I can see is that the formats are in the "User Formats" directory, but I need to know where this directory is located. Does anyone know how to find it?

Thanks in advance- Brandon

The user structure at my company has basically collapsed where everyone is doing their own thing, using their own formats, etc. The only saving grace is that nobody's department overlaps so we only work on our own stuff- no intermingling of projects (so please save the "you need to standardize your config.pro file" lecture- that's what I'm trying to do here).

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Look in your config.pro file for pro_format_dir. This will be the location of the Users Formats.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli

Ben,
Thanks for the response. I guess in my frustration to get all the images together (becasue I just couldn't get the HTML / TGML to work) I really missed the point of this thread, which is:

"My config.pro file does not have the pro_format_dir value in it, much less a directory to point it to."

I guess I should have been more clear on that. I called Tristar (from where we purchased our licenses) and they couldn't tell me how to find my formats either.

Anybody else care to take a shot?

Thanks,
Brandon

Check to see if you have a config.sup file (or multiple config.pro files) to see if you have a pro_format_dir in one of them.

Otherwise, I don't know where you will find the directory, since I have deleted the option in my config file, and there is no User Formats available as default.

The only place I can think of that it may be is in the persons home directory (My Documents area).

Hi Brandon,

There should be a folder in the installation directory labeled formats and another folder labeled templates. These folders should contain what you are looking for. For example, on my computer the format files are located in

C:\Program Files\proeWildfire 3.0\formats

and the templates are in

C:\Program Files\proeWildfire 3.0\templates

I hope this is what you are looking for,
-Michael

Thanks for the help everyone. I ended up searching my whole network (the M:\ drive here) for "metric_a3.frm" and found it. I then added pro_format_dir to my config.pro file and pointed it to the correct directory.

Now I have to update the title blocks. See next thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back