Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Probably going to start in-house SolidWorks training classes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TateJ

Mechanical
Mar 15, 2002
US
Probably going to start in-house SolidWorks training classes... I will start shopping for Matt Lombard's books... And I'm familiar with Sham Tickoo's book (I used to teach at a tech college)... Any others I should consider..? [smarty]

Jack L Tate - Xtreme Tower Products - SolidWorks 2013 - Windows 7 - Microsoft Wireless Mouse 5000 - SpaceNavigator - Slacker Radio - Swingline Stapler - [COLOR=red yellow]C[sub]8[/sub]H[sub]10[/sub]N[sub]4[/sub]O[sub]2[/sub][/color] - Rental Bowling Shoes - Titanuim Spork - And that's all I need!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Not sure what level you're aiming at, but for basics I thought the essentials training book was actually pretty decent. I took the course (more years ago than I like to think about), but worked through the book on my own at about 2x the rate the instructor was going. I think the course was a week... If you have people who have worked through the first few tutorials I think you could complete the essentials book within 2.5 days.

-handleman, CSWP (The new, easy test)

Yup... still in town... and our boat tower biz is growing..!

As I understand it... you can't get the Essentials book (or any other "official" training material) without taking the class. My plan is to teach classes for 2 or 3 co-workers. We can't afford the time away from the office to send them away for classes. (Yes, we are that busy.) So I'm looking for a curriculum, basically.

Jack L Tate - Xtreme Tower Products - SolidWorks 2013 - Windows 7 - Microsoft Wireless Mouse 5000 - SpaceNavigator - Slacker Radio - Swingline Stapler - [COLOR=red yellow]C[sub]8[/sub]H[sub]10[/sub]N[sub]4[/sub]O[sub]2[/sub][/color] - Rental Bowling Shoes - Titanuim Spork - And that's all I need!

Hmm, I thought someone on one forum said that you should be able to buy the book alone from a VAR without taking the class. Never tried myself though. From what I understand, I think Matt's books are aimed a good bit higher than intro level.

Did you hear he's working for SolidEdge now?

-handleman, CSWP (The new, easy test)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back