Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem debugging the NXOpen code. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

yashodeep15

Automotive
Jul 12, 2016
US
Hello,

I am new to this NX Automation and I am stuck up with debugging[sad]. I have created a NXOpen Project in "VS Express 2012 for Desktop" and written some code. I have build the code and the created dll works fine in NX when executed.[neutral] I want to debugg the code for that I try to attach to process "ugraf.exe", but it shows error "Unable to attach to the process. The address is not valid for this context" (see image for reference).[evil]

Please help me out if anyone has faced same issues.[smile]

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=65ce807c-26cc-416b-a4ac-9afd0cd513d8&file=error_nx.jpg
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You need to attach ugraf.exe first and then launch NX from VS.

In VS open up Properties for your project. Go to the Debug tab and set Start External Program to your installed ugraf.exe.

Then when go Start from VS, it will launch (an attached) NX. If you put in a breakpoint it will then drop into VS.

Paul

Paul Turner
CAD & Process Engineer
Mastip Technology

Thanks Paul for your feedback. But I am not able to attach ugraf.exe. Also in VS properties in Debugging I have set command to ugraf.exe(i.e. $(UGII_ROOT_DIR)/ugraf.exe), but NX doesn't launch through VS when I debug from VS it gives same error as while attach to the process. I have attached image of error in my previous post.

Thanks and Regards,
Yashodeep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back