Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem in Etabs while designing a Waffle Slab "FAILED"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jhon Stenvall

Civil/Environmental
Mar 8, 2020
BO
Hi everyone, I would like you to help me understand a message that Etabs display while checking the reinforcement on a waffle slab. I designed the waffle slab by the strip method but when I click on display flexural design there is a message on the bottom on the screen that says "FAILED" and I'd like to know the cause for that error. I mean, I checked the maximum reinforcement allowed for the slab (ACI 318-14) and it passes, then checked the punching shear and passed, but ETABS doesn`t tell me why it gives that error. I had to increase the size of the drop panel to eliminate it, however, there is still a "FAILED" message on a middle strip. Concrete f'c = 210kg/cm2, fys= 5000 kg/cm2, The live load is 250 kg/m2, SuperDead 250 kg/m2 and obviously the self-weight is calculated by the software. The clear span are between 4m and 6.5m. The total depth of the waffle slab is 30 cm, the rib width is 10 cm and its height 25 cm, the slab thickness is 5 cm, the spacing of ribs is 50 cm from their axis. I've attached a screenshot, please take a look.
Thanks in advance.

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=aec55a25-1c68-4582-bf09-9c66cc73437a&file=etabsfailedwaffle2.png
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back