Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Problem opening cae file

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamescook

Bioengineer
Mar 22, 2010
IE
Hi Abaqus crashed and when i try to open the model database now all I get is a message "Rfm_StringManagerFile::String – String is not available.". Is there anyway to "repair" or open the model database?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

How are you opening the file? try double clicking the cae file in your folder instead, does it come up with the same message?

Your .cae file is corrupt. I hope that you have a back-up clean copy. Perhaps ABAQUS support could help you, but without them, you're out of luck.

Hi, no I used an old backup to recreate the models I lost. You could try Abaqus support though, I didn't as by the time I found out who was in charge of the Abaqus license at my workplace I had redone the work I lost.

Mechlrl - johnhor's point being that if you are on an academic license, you are not "ok" to be posting here. This website is for engineering professionals, not students.

I realise that, however just because someone is using the academic license doesn't automatically make them a student. Not all 'engineering professionals' work in industry!

Anyways, moot point on my behalf. The OP had access to support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back