Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Problem to export the table to the excel! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodrigomanera

Structural
Jan 15, 2010
BR
All the units are stranges when i export the SAP2000´s table to the excel and i can´t recognize the units that the program exported ...

what can i do to change this?

This file is an example of this case.
I´m working with: kN,m,C....

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Problem is your Control Panel or Excel Settings.

Lets make a small test. Do the following

1-check how Excel writes one million with 2 decimal places. Let us say it writes 1,000,000.00

2-Enter a general frame member in sap2000, and set its area as one million. See how sap2000 reads it. Does it read it like 1,000,000.00?

Probably no.

In that case go to Control Panel-Regional settings, and set your numbers so that they read the same way.

Both the Excel and SAP2000 use the same decimal symbol as set in Control Panel / Regional and Language Settings.
The problem might be from your SAP2000 input file. If you wrote, for example, 2.5, and in your Control Panel you have "," as decimal separator, SAP2000 understands 25 instead of 2.5.
When you export the table from SAP to Excel, the units of measure are given at the top of each column. Make sure your units of measure are set to kN, m and C before you export the results to Excel. If this were the case and you can't recognize the order of magnitude for the units of measure, check your input file for the decimal symbol misunderstanding.

best wishes,
iotoma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back