Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

problem with cdb files from ANSYS 16 to be read in ANSYS 14.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

ph47reey

Structural
May 26, 2015
DE

Hello all,

I have following problems. I meshed line, shell and point elements, saved it as a .db file in ANSYS R16, and use the command CDWRITE to create a .cdb and .iges file to be read in older version of ANSYS 14.5

with the input reading .cdb file there was no problem. I have the same mesh in ANSYS 14.5 as the one I have modeled in ANSYS 16.

Problem occurs when I want to modify/delete the line elements. ANSYS 14.5 cannot delete line elements (LCLEAR command), because they are associated with lines. However when I investigate by using the command LPLOT and LLIST there are no lines anymore in the model (no keypoints either, only nodes and elements)

I short, how can I dissociate line elements from the lines that are no longer there in the model?

Lot of thanks for your help!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

[SOLVED]

I think I found what I've done wrong:

instead of reading the files via "File/Read Input from...", one should utilize the command CDREAD or UI: "Preprocessor/Archive Model/Read". When there specifiy the path for both the .cdb and .iges files and voila!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back