Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

problem with contact pairs in abaqus

Status
Not open for further replies.

jj89

Mechanical
May 17, 2015
DE
Hi all,

I have a semicone with two different friction coeficient (Coulomb law) the first half part of the semicone is frictionless and the second is 0.2,
A material is formed going through the semicone and I am not sure how I should define the contact because apear appears a warning:

THE SLAVE SURFACES ASSEMBLY_SUP_ALU AND ASSEMBLY_SUP_ALU_2 INTERSECT EACH OTHER. THEY ARE PAIRED WITH MASTER SURFACES ASSEMBLY_CUERPO AND ASSEMBLY_ROCE THAT ALSO INTERSECT EACH OTHER. IF BOTH PAIRS ARE *CONTACT PAIRs, THESE TWO PAIRS SHOULD NOT BE SIMULTANEOUSLY PRESENT IN A STEP BECAUSE OF POSSIBLE CONVERGENCE PROBLEMS; USE *MODEL CHANGE,TYPE=CONTACT PAIR TO REMOVE ONE OF THEM. IF BOTH ARE *TIE PAIRS, THE REDUNDANT TIES WILL BE REMOVED AUTOMATICALLY. IF ONE PAIR IS *TIE AND ANOTHER IS *CONTACT PAIR, REMOVE ONE OF THEM.

How I did:

I created two contactes "surface to surface contact(standard)" in every one i define whole piece with every semisurface of the semicone.

If you need any clarification just ask!! Thanks a lot!!!

Juan

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back