Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with convergence using Mohr-Coulomb

Status
Not open for further replies.

annaper

Civil/Environmental
May 21, 2020
HR
I am having problem with converging nonlinear analysis. I am using static structural anslysis for 3D model of wall made of rammed earth. Firstly, I have made linear model that has proved to be correct, based on comparison with results from literature. However, when I add Mohr-Coulomb properties to the model, I face problems with convergence, even in part of analysis that should be linear. I have also added plastic behaviour to the model using Bilinear Isotropic Plasticity.

Model is placed on fixed support along bottom side of the wall, and it is loaded with vertical pressure and horizontal displacement along top side. Displacement is ramped and it should cause neonlinear behaviour of the wall, while pressure is constant.

I have tried inputs like changing boundary conditions and using NEQIT,100 (or even 1000), but solution haven't converged. I have also plotted Newton-Raphson residuals, but since I don't have any contact area in my model, I am not sure how to use that information to help solution converge.

PS: I am having trouble with attaching the archive of my model (it has 38,8 Mb), I am not sure if there is any sort of limitation on forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back