Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with .dat output with Dytran preference ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ionut Cosmin

Aerospace
Jul 22, 2016
RO
Hi all,

I am having some problems with Patran. I have loaded the Dytran Analysis preference with the load_mscdytran() command, I have created the model and when I want to run an Analysis (with Translate option, not a Full Run), to create the .dat file, I don't get anything. The db closes for a second and then it restarts, after it runs the p3dytran script I receive a message "Flushing the User Data Manager" then the journal stops recording and the db is restarted.

Has anyone encountered this problem before ?

Thank you,
Cosmin

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If you switch the analysis preference in Patran from Dytran to Nastran, can you write out a file successfully? If not, then there may be a problem with your Patran database or the output file path may be too long.

A 2nd thing you could try, is copy your Patran db file to a folder like, "C:\temp" and open it in Patran from there. Then, try to write out a Dytran input file.

Ok, so I figured it out. I moved my db in the bin location of my Patran installation path, where the p3dytran executable (that does the conversion to dat file) exists and it seems to give me the correct dat output file. It seems to be a problem with the Environmental Variables (form what I have noticed in the pearl script of p3dytran).

I am running MSC Patran 2017, on windows 7 (x64)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back