Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

problem with Macros and Drafting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nimdraug

Aug 23, 2002
ES
Hi,

I've been recently programming macros in VBA, and have found the following problem:

I wanted to do a macro which automatically calculates the plane coordinates ( B2, F5, etc...) of a determinate object (i.e: a text).

To do this, I needed to calculate the object coords with respect to Sheet's origin. These are (I thought they were) the result of adding two vectors: the View's origin with respect to Sheet's origin vector plus the Object's origin with respect to View's origin vector (some kind of absolute+relative coords).

So, here's the problem, object's coordinates are taken with respect to the View's blue axis system (which is the 3d solid's axis system), but the View's origin with respect to Sheet's origin vector doesn't point to the blue axis system!, but to an invisible, unreachable point which seems to be the center of gravity of an imaginary bounding box enclosing the 3d solid (weird!!).

After many hours wasted trying to get it, I found an annoying, user-unfriendly solution (which is so annoying and user-unfriendly that I won't explain it here), but I would be very grateful if somebody knows how to help me with it.

Thanks for all.

Nimdraug.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back