Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

problem with MSC_Nastran_Patran_2004 license

Status
Not open for further replies.

sergini

Mechanical
Jul 9, 2004
GB
I have a problem with MSC_Nastran_Patran_2004 license. I can´t create a ABAQUS input file. The message (.msg) file is:
---
FLEXlm initialization complete. Acquiring license(s)...
License File: C:\MSC.Software\MSC.Licensing\9.2\license.dat
Error reported from application Security
You have requested to run ABAQUS on a Windows FLIA-FKS1HAR8XZ (Windows 5.1 (Build 2600: Service Pack 0)). There are no version 2003.0401 licenses installed to satisfy this request. License File: C:\MSC.Software\MSC.Licensing\9.2\license.dat Please request your systems administrator to review the installation procedures for COMPANY_NAME products on your system and/or contact your Support Representative for further assistance.
---
The other licenses (Nastran, ANSYS, etc) was OK.

Can you please help me???

Best Regards,

Sergio

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Is you license located in a server and you're a client? If you're using flexlm, you can go to "server status" to perform a server enquiry. If there is error, there might be some problem reading your license.
Then go to control panel->system->advance->environment variable to check whether you have the MSC variable with the value indicating the location of your license file. You might also want to check whether there is any error with your license file. check whether your computer name is on the first line.
This is basically a system error, so you can contact your system admistrators or local MSC vendor for help.

Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back