Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with shell structures. Picture frame test

Status
Not open for further replies.

RIST

Oct 29, 2016
PT
Hello, I'm new to Abaqus and i've encountered problems modelling a shell subjected to a picture frame test.
What I have been trying so far is to prescribe the shell edges as rigid and make them move, but with no success so far. I would like to know if anyone could help me, i know there must be a simple solution to this problem, but as I said I'm new to this modelling program.

I will attach some images of what I want, but I just want to model the fabric, and not the whole contraption. Basically it's a shell that is suposed to be tensioned on oposite corners and making the other two corners "compress" finally resulting in wrinkles in the shell ( what I'm studying). For some reason I can´t make the edges rigid, but able to rotate between them, as it would happen in the test I'm simulating if I were to apply a displacement in the upper node.

Thank you in advance for your help.

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=df17c324-3495-4cdd-9759-e789686dca5e&file=picture_frame_test.jpg
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back