Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PROBLEM WITH UGZIP.dll 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbozich

Automotive
Aug 18, 2004
US
I HAVE A EXECUTABLE FILE "ugzip.dll" THAT WORK GREAT IN NX2, BUT WHEN TRY TO EXECUTE IN NX3 GET "UG-ERROR THE USER
INTERFACE STYLER FILE IS NOT FOUND", ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEA'S?????, OR KNOW OF A PROGRAM THAT CAN PULL ALL
FILE FROM A ASSEMBLE TOGETHER IN A ZIP FILE?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Try removing UG Zip then reinstalling it. I would expect that UG Zip "looks" for the NX3 installation directory for certain calls. If you haven't changed the settings in UG Zip since installing NX3, then it will never start up since NX3 is installed in a different location than NX2 was. You'll probably have to do this every time you install a new version of NX (i.e. NX4, NX5, etc.).

If that doesn't work, then go to Wiedemann Engineering's website ( and download the latest version of UG Zip to install.

Tim Flater
Senior Designer
Enkei America, Inc.

I saw this post and tried to install the program as well. It seems that I did not install it correctly and the instructions are a little confusing. Could you post some directions?

Thanks

Copy/pasted straight from the readme file included with the UGZip download from Wiedemann Engineering's website:

UGZIPC V1.0.5

Purpose:
Combines capabilites of ugpc and zip

Requirements for this package:
UG V18/NX1/NX2/NX3
WindowsNT/2000/XP
UG/Gateway
UG/Open API Execute

Restrictions:
Does not work under iMAN or UG/Manager environment

Author:
Heinrich Wiedemann
Werkmeisterstrasse 1b
87629 Fuessen / Germany
Phone +49 171 5090 371 FAX +49 8362 8475
email: hwiedemann@w-eng.de

Quick installation:
Move the provided 'application'-directory and the 'Startup'-directory' to one of the following directories:
%UGII_USER_DIR%
%UGII_SITE_DIR%
%UGII_VENDOR_DIR%
The required enironment-variable (i.e. UGII_USER_DIR or UGII_SITE_DIR or UGII_VENDOR_DIR) must be set properly on your system to point to a directory.
Example:
- Set UGII_USER_DIR=c:\temp
- In directory c:\temp\application, the file ugzipc.dlg is located
- In directory c:\temp\startup, the files ugzipc.dll and ugzipc.men are located

Starting UG Zip Components:
Within Unigraphics: File->Export->Zip Assembly

Most common problem:
UGZipC does not start and the error-message 'UIStyler File: Error on open' is displayed. Make sure your environment variable UGII_USER_DIR, UGII_SITE_DIR or
UGII_VENDOR_DIR is set properly on your system and check if 'ugzipc.dlg' is located in %UGII_USER_DIR%\application, in %UGII_SITE_DIR%\application or in %UGII_VENDOR_DIR%\application. You can verify the setting of UGII_USER_DIR, UGII_SITE_DIR or UGII_VENDOR_DIR by inspecting the UG syslog-file or by 'Help -> UG Log File'. In the **** System Environment Variables **** or in the *** Unlocked Unigraphics Configuration Variables *** - section you should find an entry like UGII_USER_DIR c:\temp

Related to this example, ugzipc.dlg should be located in c:\temp\application.

If you change the value of UGII_USER_DIR, UGII_SITE_DIR or UGII_VENDOR_DIR, please restart Unigraphics as it picks up the environment variables only at startup.

Copyright & remarks:
Thanks to Jean-loup Gailly and Mark Adler, the authors of zlib - a free zip-library (Permission is granted to any individual/institution/corporate entity to use, copy, redistribute or modify UGZIPC for any purpose. If you have added an interesting enhancement/port or want to report an error, please contact the author at hwiedemann@w-eng.de

History:
28-Sep-2004: UG NX3
23-Jul-2003: V1.05: Removed compiler error/warnings on HP-UX - contributed by Rafael Portela/Sony Ericsson. Using zlib 1.1.4 now. Removed a bug in ugzipc.men - reported by Rick Hebert/EDS PLM Solutions
05-Sep-2002: V1.04: UG NX1, issues a warning when being run under iMAN or UG/Manager
03-Aug-2001: V1.03: UG V18, contributions by Steven L. Alexander/Delphi Automotive Systems for Unix-compatiblity
01-Dec-2000: V1.02: UG V17, support for UG/Menuscript
03-Feb-2000: V1.01: UG V16, dialog file reworked, common code for V15 and V16
16-Sep-1999: Recompiled (VC 6.0) and packaged for UG BBS
27-May-1999: UG V15
13-Jan-1998: Initial release V1.0, UG V13

Tim Flater
Senior Designer
Enkei America, Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back