Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem with X-Y data

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marioddn

Mechanical
Dec 7, 2015
DE
Hello eveyone!

my name is Mario and i´m new user here. I'm doing a simulation in abaqus of torsion of a cylindrical specimen, setting an angle of rotation about 12.56 radians (720 degree). The one that I need it's to plot the reaction moment (torque) vs angle of rotation. When I do this I noticed that the data of the angle, range from 0 to 6.28 radians and then start from 0 to 6.28 radians again (two laps of rotation). Is there a way to make sure that in the table of xy data, the angle goes from 0 up to 12.56 radians directly?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hello!
Is the reaction torque increasing like you expected it to? Does the animation look alright up to 720 degrees? It sounds strange that it is like that. Is all done in one single step?

You could copy/export the torque data to excel and use the time-column to calculate the angle of rotation you impose (time*angle = angle at that time).

Would that help?

Yes, if you wish to input a rotation around 720 degree, and it should just give you the output for one lap, I suggest you to have a check, there could be something wrong.

And if nothing wrong, just do as StefCon said, draw a diagram with the data you need. Hope it helps.

Thank you for your suggestion! I imported the torque data in excel and then I calculated the angle of rotation using the time column

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back