Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems in abaqus execution in command window 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksayew

Bioengineer
Dec 27, 2005
SG
I just installed abaqus v6.4 and is having difficulty getting abaqus to execute in the abaqus command window.

I typed in the "abaqus j=xx inter" at the command window prompt and it is displayed as:

E:\Temp\abaqus j=xx inter

and the following error message was observed in the command window:

'abaqus' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file

I have a hunch that this has something to do with the abaqus env file and I probably need to include a line to the abaqus path. Can anyone show me what is the relevant command to be added to the env file.

Thanks in advance

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The directory <ABAQUS Install Dir>\Commands need to be in your Windows PATH environment variable.

Right-click on My Computer > Properties > Advanced > Environment Variables.
Under System Variables there should be a PATH variable. Check to see that <ABAQUS Install Dir>\Commands is set, if not, add it yourself. On XP, you may have to have admin rights to do this.

Martin

Sorry if I am stating obvious, but occasionally the pogram is named something like abq64 or similar, rather than abaqus. Obviously, you should make sure that it is in your path, too.

Yes - and no....

It looks as if as from V6 and above, commands to run ABAQUS at the command line are kept in c:\ABAQUS\Commands. This makes it independent of the version number. For instance, I can run ABAQUS either by typing 'abaqus j=xxx' or 'abq655 j=xxx'. The abaqus.bat file points to the last version that you installed on the machine.

So as long as c:\ABAQUS\Commands is pathed, you should be OK.

Martin

Thank you everyone for your help. I am able to get abaqus to run in command window after adding it into windows environment variables.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back