Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems uninstalling Ansys V11 Multiphysics 64 bit on windows os 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinny31

Mechanical
Oct 4, 2005
IE
Hi

I have a quick question regarding Ansys running on windows 64 bit OS with 64 bit architecture dell pc.

I am using Ansys MultiPhysics V11 64 bit on winndows XP . I wish to install the new service pack SP1 version of the software, released today, it too is 64bit , but I am unable to uninstall the existing original V11 version I just get a an error unable to unstall/ delete. I spoke with the Ansys tech support. They claim it’s a windows xp issue.

They said that the registry 32 bit diagnostic may need repairing or cleaning up.
I had a look through the dell diagnostic resource cd but it seem to be only applicable to hardware repair.
Can anyone suggest any command lines in windows or software programs which I could use to carry out such a repair?

regards

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi,
please take what I'll say with necessary precautions:

you can simply erase all the installation directory of Ansys, and then manually clean the Registry from all the entries referring to Ansys. In the "HKEY_CURRENT_USER", or "HKEY_ALL_USERS", you can delete the keys almost without fear, because what is recorded here are the user's preferences/settings; as far as I know, as regards Ansys there is also no problem is deleting the keys in the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE". Drawback of all this is that the Install/Remove Applications in the Control Panel will not be aware of what you do and will report a wrong situation.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back