Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

problems with contact surface

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulis

Chemical
May 31, 2008
DE
dear all, I am having problems to make a contact between 2 solids surface with a boundary external condition of 1~C.
I made 2 cubic rigid solids , then I put an thermal interaccion between them but the condition didn't propagated when I run the job.

Moreover , I did the same work and create other 2 rigid solids but in the case I merged them but well this case the I got an aborted job, with this message:

Error in job cc2: The slave surface assembly__pickedsurf10 does not exist.
Error in job cc2: 2000 elements have missing property definitions. The elements have been identified in element set ErrElemMissingSection.
Error in job cc2: Slave surface assembly__pickedsurf10 has not been defined
Error in job cc2: Solver input file processor exited with an error - please see the data file for possible error messages if the file exists.
Job cc2 aborted due to errors.

Sorry but I really can't understand how to make a contact in a thermal analyses between 2 rigid bodies, would you please help me?
I do appreciatte some examples if you don't mind

Regards

Paulis

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Paulism

Your first problem is:
"Error in job cc2: 2000 elements have missing property definitions. The elements have been identified in element set ErrElemMissingSection."
You need to define a section property for each part. I hope this helps.

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back