Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problems with Library Features in 2005/2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

mig26

Automotive
Jan 17, 2003
NL
We had problems with Library Features we use for years in SolidWorks. All contain partly constraint cut features including configurations.

It seems that the not fully constraint LFs have problems. I cannot insert them on a surface. There is an error message that it is unable to insert the LF.

Does anybody have similar problems?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

mig2,
Yes, I had the same problem yesterday using SolidWorks 2005 SP4.0.
What I did was rotated the library feature and it came in OK after saving the feature to the library. That is not what I wanted so I returned the feature to its original shape.
Then I tried placing the part on the back side of my sheet metal part and it came in OK. I did not have time to look into it further.

Bradley

Our reseller is looking at it right now, the problem is that the LF which is causing the problem is our most used.

It seems that not fully constrained LF's cause the problem. If I change this LF so that you have to give in a reference which fully constraints the LF there is no problem.

Thing is his feature should be movable over one axis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back