Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Product structure export 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarvajit

Automotive
Sep 28, 2006
US
Folks,
Is there an easy way to export the indented product structure from CATIA V5 into an external CSV/TXT file?
I need to extract PartName; PartNumber; CATProduct or CATPart filename.

Sarvajit

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi,

In the on-line help for automation there is a file named DMUInfWriteSelProductsName.CATScript which can give you also these informations (with another way of presentation like that one already sugested by Azrael).

Regards
Fernando

you can make a txt file very easily:

Open the product and select the lower axis to make the tree active. Then FILE + SAVEAS and change the type to .txt

Gives you a nice indented list of all the parts

(wish we could edit our posts on this forum)

just wanted to add to make sure you rename the Part Number and Instance Name of the parts and products for what you want to show up in your list.

I believe there are some additional options in TOOLS + OPTIONS for what info is displayed in the tree which will end up in your .txt file

thanks jakk
It is really very helpful info.
But I tried TOOLS + OPTIONS for what info is displayed in the tree ; I see info in tree; But I don't get this all info in txt file. Is there anything I'm missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back