Product Template Studio GUI Width

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpate92

Automotive
Sep 11, 2013
US
Hello All,

Any PTS experts out there that might be able to tell me how to adjust the default width of a PTS created GUI? I have some text that is slightly too long and it makes the UI not look right when it opens and things are overlapping each other.

Also, while I'm here, is there a way to set the GUI to auto-open when the part is opened?

Thanks again!

-John

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I too am interested in being able to make the window wider.

I have some parts that use strings and a text box that I wish could be significantly wider than the default dialog width.

nx 9, TC 10

Sorry, John. No way to explicitly control dialog width at the moment. PTS is inheriting the same basic dialog width from the Block UI framework.

For longer strings on the dialog, you can insert line breaks in string labels with a \n, as I recall.

GUI should open automatically when the template is dragged-and-dropped from the Reuse Library, but not at other times.

When exactly are you wanting it to open? :)

Taylor Anderson
NX Product Manager, Knowledge Reuse and NX Design
Product Engineering Software
Siemens Product Lifecycle Management Software Inc.
(Phoenix, Arizona)

I'll see if I can get the Line break to work for my application for the moment, thanks for that info.

As for when I am hoping to get the GUI to open? I would like it to open when the part is opened, or at least prompt the user as to whether or not they want to use the GUI.

We are running something that vaguely resembles Reuse Library, but it is being run out of a third party PLM software. Basically ends up being a library of part sub-features. When these features are opened (which, done correctly, should only be one at a time)I would like the prompt to pop up and inform any users who might not already be aware that there is a GUI available for building that feature type.

I'm a bit confused...

A Product Template interface is always a wrapper around a part or an assembly, as opposed to a feature.

The things you're describing sound like UDFs or custom features, which should certainly have a UI that will launch automatically when the feature is edited.

And I'd think that NX users would fully expect there to be a GUI associated with a feature (and thus wouldn't really need to be reminded of this...)

What am I missing here? :)

Taylor Anderson
NX Product Manager, Knowledge Reuse and NX Design
Product Engineering Software
Siemens Product Lifecycle Management Software Inc.
(Phoenix, Arizona)

There is a way to make ALL NX dialogs, including PTS, wider, if that is enough to help you out.
Look at Customer Defaults --> Gateway --> User Interface --> Options --> Dialog Box Width, and try 110% or 120%.
This is intended to make room for verbose language translations, but it might be a solution for you.

Mark Rief
NX CAM Customer Success
Siemens PLM Software

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back