Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Production Data Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

EllenB

Petroleum
Jun 25, 2003
US
My client is a small oil company with a limited budget. They are currently storing all oil and water production data as well as ESP data in Excel spreadsheets. This is becoming quite cumbersome. Can you recommend software for accessing and storing production data?

It is not necessary to have analysis tools included in this software since they plan to transfer data to service companies for their analysis services.

Thanks for your help.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Dera sir
The best software recommended for production and pressure data is EXCEL
it considered as the best one , better than OFM and any production data manager
you can do any thing with excel
data sorage
tabulation
graphing
reporting
proccessing
analysis
even the well test data can be analyzed via excel
let me show you how you can analyze the well test data by excel
just send to me any well test data with txt format and i will analyze it by excel

wouldn't it be possible to take the excel spreadsheets and import the well data into an access database? this way your client would have the possibility to easily build a database that is
a) easily manageable,
b) costomizable,
c) inexpensive (I presume this company does have access licenses, so no further money for software)
d) can be made inhouse
and you still can bring that data into your excel calculation sheets in no time.

just my two cents
chris

EllenB:

Try this site:

They do a daily download from the field of what the customer wants saved and will store data on their data base. Your customer can retrieve data via internet any time they want for a monthly fee. The data can be pulled into EXCEL, Powerpoint, Acess, Lotus etc... for graphs. Their server can be accessed from any internet. Connections can be radio, phone or sat. I haven't checked prices lately and it does depend on use, service type etc, but this can be done for around $100 per month per feed.

Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back