Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Production rate of 30x30cm precast concrete driven piles 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

madbalint

Civil/Environmental
Jan 29, 2014
HU
I am a site engineer at Solétanche Bachy currently involved with the preparation of a project where 30x30cm square 10 m long precast concrete piles are to be installed in sandy, silty soil.

Soil Layer:
-2m Grey silty sandy gravel LANDFILL
-3m Brown sandy SILT
-5,7m Brown, stiff, limy fat CLAY
-6,3m Brown SILT
-8,2m Yellow, silty SAND with gravel
-9,7m Brown, limy, silty SAND with gravel
-10m Grey, sandy SILT

I would like to now what production rate shall I consider. What is the average installation speed when this technique is being used. Also could you have any recommendation where I can find more info on production rates and prices of driven piles.

Thanks in advance
Bal

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You have many branches in your group with experience in this field : Roger Bullivant in UK, Rodio Kronsa in Spain, Cimas en Colombia, Balineau in France. Feel free to call them !
You also have the possibility to ask for assistance to the network of experts of your group !

BigHarvey is correct. You have the advantage of working for one of the very big deep foundation companies. Find a good mentor there, and in short time, some of us on this site will be asking this type question of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back