Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Production Schedule Display Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

zanderson

Materials
Jul 25, 2012
US
Our production schedule is just a basic excel file by date, shift and machine and tends to change a few times a day. I would like to mount a screen on the plant floor which displays the schedule. It would also be nice to slideshow through some other excel production screens. Im sure we will need a dedicated computer and I would like to be able to change the files from other computers on the network. Does anyone know of a simple way to accomplish this without buying someones software and changing our system?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I know a company that uses an MSExcel spreadsheet to display & manage production schedule, manpower, etc. The shop floor PC is connected to VIZIO wide-screen TV monitor hung on the wall. I suspect that there is some sort of video adapter, but somehow they got it all to work.

TygerDawg
Blue Technik LLC
Virtuoso Robotics Engineering

I am by no means a computer geek, but... I would bet that somewhere there is an application/macro for Powerpoint that could direct it to access specific Excel or other files or worksheets in a set sequence and display the contents it finds there. Set up a dedicated computer and monitor(s) and just let it run a continuous slideshow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back