Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ProductView Lite screen is all black...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

qnen

Mechanical
Oct 24, 2008
US
We are in the process of getting more of our process done in PDM/Windchill. This means our ERP person is starting to use PDM/Windchill to move things through the process. One issue we are having is that ProductView will not work on her computer. In a PDM/Windchill window, the thumbnail is there and hovering over the thumbnail opens a larger thumbnail. But clicking the "open in productview" icon results in a productview window that is all black.

WF3 / Windchill9.1 / Windows XP

Anyone have any ideas?

Michael Kuehnen, Kansas City

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Install Productview on her computer and set the visualization preference to Yes, to use the full product instead of PVLite.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli

Found out my issue. I thought I was downloading the latest and greatest from the PTC website. Ends up I was downloading from our PDM install, which is a year or so old. Once I actually downloaded the PV files from the PTC website, use windows control panel to remove the previous install, install the fresh copy , then finally everything works.

Michael Kuehnen, Kansas City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back