Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Proe drawings and parts links

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckpang

Mechanical
Jan 22, 2001
GB
How can I insert a new/modified part into a current drawing without losing all my dims/views/sections/notes ... etc (not as a family mamber). (SolidEdge can do it without any fuss!)

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If you modify your part that the drawing refers to it will update the drawing automatically. If you have used show dimensions rather than created new ones you can do this from the drawing. If you want to create a completely new part that is similar to the first you can copy the part and if you have your config.pro set up properly it will copy the drawing with the part, giving it a new name also. I don't have my copy of Pro/E in front of me so I can't give you the exact option off the top of my head, but please email me at the adress below if you can't find the option.

Hope this helps.

Kellie
Kellie@141.com

To update your drawing just go to MODIFY VIEW and klick the command Reorient. Select the main view, ignore the messages about the other children views. Then DO NOT reorient the view just cancel by klicking the buttom at the saved views.
That´s it the views will update.

s.koch@parker-emd.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back