Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ProE part using ATB will not update after CATIA file changed

Status
Not open for further replies.

josephv

Mechanical
Oct 1, 2002
CA

Hello,

We are running into the following problem:

1) In Tools > Options we enable "topobus_enable" (set to yes)
2) We open a CATIA V5 model file in ProE as a part
3) We save and then close the ProE part
4) We open the same CATIA V5 model file in CATIA and modify it, save it and close it.
5) We open the ProE part and it does not update
6) The command File > ATB > Update does not update the part

In short we can't get ATB to work.

Please send your comments and suggestions.

Thank you,

Joseph

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thank you for your reply.

We have the CATIA model and ProE part in the same folder.

We set the atb_search_path to this folder.

Unfortunately, we still have this problem (the ProE part does not update).

However, if we open the CATIA model again in ProE we can see that it changed. But the original ProE part that is supposed to be linked via ATB never updates.

Any ideas are welcome.

Cheers,

Joseph

One more config possibility:

The default value of atb_auto_check_on_update is 'off', whereas the atb_auto_check_on_retrieve is 'on', so you might need to change that option.

Another possibility may be spaces in your folder name. Pro/E can get moody when paths have spaces in them.

Joseph,

I agree with JKG, the atb_auto_check_on must be set to ON

-Hora

Hello all,

Thanks to everyone for your help.

We contacted PTC support, and at the moment the problem we are having appears to be a bug with the license files. So at the moment we are awaiting for some clarification from PTC.

Shall keep you posted.

Cheers,

Joseph

Could someone tell me if the parametric 3d file of CATIA V5 translate to PRO/E and from Pro/E. I have automotive customers that are using CATIA V5 and they frown on me for not using CATIA V5. I just came from a week long CATIA V5 class on Advance Part and Design, Basic surfacing and advance surfacing and advanced data management. I guest I am an old dog that has settle on what allows me to get the job done the fastest - Pro. Anyway back to the orginial questions... Can anyone fill me in.
thanks Texaspete.

Texaspete,

You'll have only dumb solids. As well as STEP. The advantage using the ATB bus is the automatic update of the non-ProE components used in your assembly.

-Hora

Hello all,

Thanks again, yes this was an SPR relating to a problem with license files.

Cheers,

Joseph

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back