Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

proe surface generation question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stekillian

Jul 21, 2011
Hey, first time poster here!

I just started a new job, and have been asked to draw a wing up in proe (which I am not used to at all I must say)!

I have the following file, but cannot smooth the surfaces over the curves drawn without them bulging etc.
getfile.aspx

Unfortunately I don't have access to any other CAD software at home so I have no choice but to do this in proe! So any suggestions? I have only tried styles and boundary blends so maybe that is where I am going wrong! I have spent the last 3 days looking at this...aaagh!

P.s. if anybody is veeery generous with their time here's my file!

I'm sorry to ask this, usually I figure these things out myself but today I am just stumped! :[

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Have you ever been trained in advanced topics of using Pro/E? It will really save you days of frustration.

What version of Widfire are you using?

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli

No I have not. Could you give me some pointers as to what advanced topics I could use, I could have someone in work help me out on them! I am using WF4.

Thanks for the reply!

The geometry is not that complex upto the end of the wind creating the sections along the length of the wing and then using surface blend, picking the sections in turn will give you this fairly easily if you can imagine the wing being similar to a chinese lantern and you are creating the wire frame. The end of the wing you will have to create in two halves which you should then be able to merge into one to produce the wing. Advanced surfacing course will help your understanding of pro/e it limitations and hopefully give you an insight into the approach you will need to follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back