Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Projected Geometry...Projected from what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brengine

Mechanical
Apr 19, 2001
US
Newbie Question...I have an existing model. In the sketches there are a lot of Projected Geometry lines. Is there any what to tell which Edge, Feature, Plane, Axis, etc... the geometry is projected off of? Maybe a parent/Child relationship?

Currently I have been looking in the wireframe mode or adding a Cut feature at that location and trying to see what lies in that path, but that is a very inefficient and potentially erroneous method.

Thanks,
Ken

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Are you working in an assembly or a part file? In a part file it should be pretty easy to tell what the lines are projected from. In an assembly it can be a little more difficult because you have multiple parts that could be used to project. Can you post a zip file of what you have? Is there a particular reason you are so concerned over this? Are your projected lines causing problems?

David

Can you post the file?

As near as I can tell you can't project planes, with the exception of the origin planes. You can project axes (more than one axis) and you can project any edge or point, or you can project a loop (an entire feature).

David

Turns out there was a reference sketch that contained the line (that other sketchs and Plane definitions are derived from) that I have been searching for. Since the sketch was not part of a feature, it was not visible. And because I am such a newbie, I skimmed right over the existence of that sketch.

Thanks for the help.
Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back