Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Projet 3500CPX Max - User search

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aukanaii26

Mechanical
Mar 23, 2016
US
I have a Projet 3500 that we use for investment casting.

Just wondering if anyone has had any thorough experience with these machines. There seems to be a plethora of information on the plastic versions; however, even the certified techs seem to have troubles with the wax due to low quantity in the market. I could just be in the wrong region.

I would really like to know if anyone has dealt with the nightmares of clogged printheads. We have had our machine for 2 years now and gone through 2 print heads, luckily there is a 5 year warrenty. The re seller claims we need to run it at least every 2-3 days. It works for the most part, as tedious and expensive as that is. In the investment casting industry letting wax set has a very apparent effect, unfortunately the cost of the printer wax is so high it is hard not to try to find alternatives.

Some topics I would like to discuss if any one has:

1. Tried other options to prevent clogged jets - perhaps someone in the tradition printing industry may have advice
2. Tried to look at alternative build modes
3. Developed a method to Postprocess without deforming/breaking down large parts.

I found this and it looks to be exactly what i have been through several times before getting a new head:
thread1536-390350

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The large-format inkjet printers have a similar issue... if you don't use them every day, the heads will clog, requiring a replacement (if you're really lucky, a multi-hour cleaning process may bring them back to life). I have considered adding one to my business from time to time, but the "must use often" issue has kept me away.

Dan - Owner
URL]

Hi Aukanaii26

We have had one of these machines for about 12 months printing infrequently. For us it has been a total disaster. Almost every time we have looked to print we have had blocked jets.

i can give you more details of our issues if you contact me directly at dave_b_9@hotmail.com

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back