Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Propane Flames

Status
Not open for further replies.

FC72CHF

Mechanical
Apr 8, 2008
US
Is it possible to manipulate a propane flame from a disposable tank to achieve oxidizing, neutral, and reducing flames?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

What is you particular application?

There are types of burners and torches that use Propane and Air or Oxygen for that will give you any type flame you need.

I want do some brazing. Most likely with a silver filler metal. I have one of those single disposable propane tanks. Is that sufficient? Would a MAPP disposable tank be a better idea? Again, if the fuel supplied from a single tank(no oxygen tank) is it possible to manipulate the flame? In other words, would twisting the single knob change the amount of air mixed with the propane or am I just going to have to break down and obtain a dual tank kit?

You can do the things you mention with most torches but if you need higher heat output you have to go to an oxy/air/fuel torch.
Look down the page at propane torches. These are a just a few on many propane/mapp torches available.
You might want go to a refrigeration/air conditioning supply store and look at some of what's available.
There are sites on the net that supply just jewelers torches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back