Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Properly displaying very light colors on white background?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike944

Dec 22, 2013
US
Sometime in the last few versions, there must have been a change to the way colors are displayed. For example, with a white background, white lines show up as dark grey, yellow lines show up as sort of a brownish-orange, On a black screen, black lines show up as light grey, etc... In most ways this has been helpful, but not always.

Is there a way to turn this behavior off?

I have a situation, where i'm displaying a bunch of black lines on a white background, and i want to de-emphasize, but still display certain lines in a screen-capture image for a presentation. I want them to show up very, very lightly. My prior method of doing this, was to make the lines i wanted to display lightly the color yellow, screen-capture, and then turn the screen-capture into Black & White. This made those yellow lines a very, very light grey, which was perfect for a presentation. With the new display settings, It won't allow me to make them yellow. It automatically turns the very-light yellow, into a darker yellowish-brown color, and when i attempt the steps above, doesn't give me what i want.

Any idea on how to turn this off?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back