Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PRV hydraulic caculation problem in Autosprink 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

byhisgrace

Materials
Apr 30, 2012
US
Hi, I'm using Autosprink VR8, and am currently working on a design project. This is the 1st time I have had to use a 6" cla-val PRV and am having problems with the hydraulic calculations. Has anyone else ever experienced this?

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Try going to the Autosprink forums on autosprinks home page. You will get a lot more help with those more familiar with the program there.

But yes, I have done many of these and the issue is really easy to handle. Post the question on the Autosprink forum and you will get many answers.

Travis Mack
MFP Design, LLC

I would ignore the PRV on the input and calc as normal, then if your required psi is less than the set point of the PRV your good. If your required psi is greater than the set point, you can look for the psi required at the PRV and make sure that is less than the set point. If not you will have to adjust you layout or sizes to stay under. If your in a hurry, save the file as something new and you should be able to delete any pipes before the PRV and attach your supply point there using a flow test of
S 175, R 174, F 1000 (or pump flow)

Thanks everyone for your response. I'm sorry I wasn't more detailed in my first post, but ridermike seems to have answered my question. Thanks everyone!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back