PSV bench testing after transporation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rahim123

Petroleum
Oct 21, 2019
DZ
Hi evreybody,
Management in our company (oil & gas) decided to change some PSV because of some detected failures and new PSV's are purchased in order to replace the old ones, I would like to know if these new PSV's must be tested (bench test) before be installed? in other terms is there any standard, code or RP in which testing new PSV is mentioned. In our company we test systematically new PSV's before installing them but no one knew if it is about a standard/Code or just a good practice from the end user.

regards.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I think you should report your own post and ask it to be moved into the Safety Relief Valve forum of the chemical engineers section.

Then you might get an answer.

This forum is very Quiet and doesn't get many posts at all.

To answer your question, I don't believe there is any requirement to bench test. If your PSV comes with a test certificate and is stamped on the body with the set pressure then you should be good to go.

Many people do bench test them so they have a start point for their own records, but I don't believe it is required. Depends on your specification, PO with the vendor and QA requirments.

Remember - More details = better answers
Also: If you get a response it's polite to respond to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back