Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PSV On line, On site Testing for PSV in Oil & Gas Process Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 1, 2018
YE
Hi, Every One

could experts in Valve testing , specially PSV On line testing explain and confirm if the On lone testing of pressure safety relief valves spring-loaded , pilot operated , and others types are possible to be tested using On-line testing device . and if the seat tightness test is possible with a new technology involved recently, and confirm the limits of PSV pressure range in Bars , and the Size in Inches that could be tested for set pressure and seat leakage functions by using an On line test methode.

thanks in advance for your valued information shared Guy's

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Mr. Shamek Mohammed

I suggest you repost in forum for Safety Relief Valve.

Let me add that the problem with online testing, if involving both pipeline and
and other valves, is that the test pressure for PSV may be over what is permitted for the other parts. PSVs may also close again abruptly and damage sealing. In addition the testing itself might cause danger both by eventual failure and uncontrolled emission.

I dont believe there is a single simple answer to your question. Protected testing in bench or protected rig is always best.

Thanks My friend for your considered information on the topic. But I am still looking for more convincing information from standards recommendations or from real experience if this way is approved by ASME or NBIC and other inspection tests confirming authorities and organisations in the world. the TesT BENCH way is the most trusted way and accurate . but way it is used widely by many end users companies if it is not making satisfied result or not confirming other performance characteristics or could cause risk .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back