Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Psychrometric charts, below sea level

Status
Not open for further replies.

jreng1

Mechanical
Oct 31, 2003
CA
Does anyone know where I can find Psychrometric charts for below sea level, down to 5000 ft.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

pennpoint,

I am working on an underground mining project and require Enthalpy values for air at 5000 ft underground.

jreng1

I think any of the psychrometric calculators available could do this. Just enter -5000 ft as the altitude.

One option is here:
I have no affiliation with that that, other than I use it. There are others available, a Google search should quickly turn up several.

Or, as I had previously suggested, crank out the formulas yourself.

My humble java psych calculator will properly handle "negative" altitudes within reason:
Unfortunately with PMTHERM, altitude is selected from a combo box, and -1000 ft is the lowest value accepted. The psychrometric equations behind PMTHERM would have accepted lower values though. But Paul and I didn't think anyone would need them. I did the psychrometric calculation programming for PMTHERM.

Prof,

in PMTherm -1000 is the lowest value available on the pull-down, but the combo box is not restricted to only values in the list. You can type in what ever you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back