Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PTACs

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLAYTON2

Mechanical
Mar 20, 2002
US
Does anyone know of a manufacturer of a PTAC that will handle 30-40% (treated) Outside air?

Thanks!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Reduce air flow if the heat in the air is too high. There are motor controlers out that set the fan speed based on supply air temp. I do not think you will find a PTAC off the shelf to do what you want.

Clayto:

That's a whole lotta air!! Checkout Trane.com and look up PTAC. They claim 65cfm to 70cfm OA "off the shelf"; which is only about 18% for a one ton... perhaps the range you need for a 0.5 ton?

What size are you considering?

If it's very large, then you might want to consider an enthalpy wheel or other heat recovery device ( check out Lossnay.com)to reduce the load on the PTAC.

I just installed these on a job I designed.

What's your application; a hotel/motel or other? Buddha's advice 2,500 yrs ago (I'm Christian!!???!!): "After deep, careful observation/analysis; and it agrees with reason, is conducive to the common good: accept it and live up to it."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back