Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Pucher charts and skewed bridges

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waxwing

Civil/Environmental
Feb 17, 2013
US
There was a "closed" thread where a fellow asked about Puecher charts. My take is that these are fairly difficult to use and that so far as a time investment it is better to use that time figuring a FEM software package. My recollection is that they work just like influence lines for a uniformly distributed load, but you use a pressure area and calculate the volume under the curve.

These surfaces have no profitable use, and will never be published again. So why aren't influence surfaces available for download? I've seen the Pucher charts before, but I believe there are also additional charts called the Hamburg charts for tapered slab overhangs that I have not seen, and there are some charts for skewed surfaces, which I have also never seen. I have always had difficulty with understanding skewed structures and would love to see influence surfaces for skewed plates.

I don't have access to this kind of stuff, but I still like to learn. They need to be posted, for those of us that don't have access to an extensive library or collection (and likely never will).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back