Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Yes there is. There are differnt ways text can be put into autocad
1) Text
2) Mtext
3) Attribute

The first two you need to edit the text so it has popped up in a window then highlight the text you want to copy and hit 'Ctrl' and 'c' to copy then go into notepad or word and hit 'Ctrl' and 'v' to paste.

The ideal way to do this is attributes that are attached to blocks if you are going to deal with alot of them. Read help under attext in Autocad. You need to set up a file defineing the Tag you want the text from, wether its text or a number, upto how many characters you want(Go big because it will still stop when your text does) and how many decimal places.(usually 000 because your doing text)

You then simple go to tools/attribute extraction. select all the blocks that are involved. Define you output file(ie c:\text.txt) and you can get everything you asked for in one simple group.

Good luck,
Tim

Did you try "copy to" and "paste from" clipboard? That is what I do when I want a copy of the drawing history printed by one of the word processor such as Notepad.

Actually I would like to just pick the text without actually having to open the AutoCad text editor or by using blocks. Just pick all the text objects hit copy and just paste it into notepad and i could do with I want with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back