Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Pultruded graphite tube

Status
Not open for further replies.

jplot

Mechanical
Jul 15, 2001
US
I have been searching all over the internet for some time now for manufacturers of pultruded graphite tubing in the size of around .250 outside diameter X 32 inches in length and cannot for the life of me find anything. I have been to dozens of sites that google or yahoo comes up with but cannot find one manufacture from which I can get a wholesale price from. Can anyone enlighten me? Thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Try Fibraplex.com. They have 0.292" O.D. by 32.5" tubing made from carbon fiber. It's primarily used for tent poles for ultralight dome tents but can be used for many other applications.

Thanks for your note; I will certainly look into americanmatrixcorp.com. The thing I find most amazing about finding manufacturers of .250 graphite tubes is the fact that I am well aware of at least two retail firms that sell this very size on the Internet. What I want to do is contact those manufacturers (if I could find out who they are) and obtain a wholesale price on the pieces I need, which could end up being thousands in numbers. Perhaps my largest problem is not knowing the junk mail that I erase from the good mail that I often cannot recognize because of the screwy subject matter phrases that so many sender use.

jplot,

One of the commonest consumer applications for tubing in that size range is archery arrows. Visit a local archery shop and ask where they buy them. Then a few calls to trace backwards will get you to a wholesaler that will sell the quantities you want.

Timelord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back