Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pump Station Influent Deflection

Status
Not open for further replies.

djohnsonhja

Civil/Environmental
Jun 17, 2005
US
The County I do work for is concerned about the influent sewer flow spilling directly onto the submersible pumps and their cables as well as directly onto the suction inlets for an above ground lift station. Does anyone have a recommended deflection product aside from installing a tee on the end of the influent pipe?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

A flap made of old used conveyor belt might work. The wastewater won't hurt those items. It just gets a little messy when the maintenance guys go into the wetwell. I see it as caring for the employees more than caring for the pumps. But then the bosses don't want the people to know they really do care. Ever have a flush or two go into your rubber boots?

The installation of the tee is the recommended manner in which this is done. Why cant you retro fit one?

As for damage I have seen house brocks come down sewers and they can certainly damage cable and protective coatings.

You could hang a curtain of stainless steel chains. But agian they would have to be removable so that the pumps can be maintained.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back