Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Pump Stations

Status
Not open for further replies.

RJLDesign

Civil/Environmental
Jul 12, 2003
AU
I am starting to size pump stations for developments I am working on. I am wondering if anyone has or knows of a free program that can give me a rough pump sizing.

I would need to see the relevant curves but nothing to stick my life to just something for a quick calculations. I am in Australia so it would need to be metric.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

R.J.L.
Civil Designer

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Your local pump supplier should be able to give you a folder of pump curves, and may even have some software.

An Excel spreadsheet can quickly convert flow rates and pipe sizes to head loss via the Hazen-Williams (or even Manning's) equation, which can be found (even quicker) with a Google search.

Be careful determining your controling point if you have multiple local high points beyond the high point on the forcemain. You need to ensure that (static head available) is greater than (dynamic headloss) between the highest point and subsequent local high points.

Josh Madison's conversion program here will get you around metric <--> imperial unit conversions.

Try ABS or ITT Flygt for their ABSSel Pro or Flyps software respectively if the pumps are submersible. If not Flowserve (TKL), Tyco Southern Cross, Goulds have software for ISO range of back pull out centrifugal pumps.

Goulds pump software is on the Internet so you dont even have to download it or wait for a CD.
All are represnted in Australia.

If you need waterhammer analysis done to comply with WSAA standards get in touch. I am Sydney based. I also do extended period simulation and network analysis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back