Pump Vendor Nozzle Loads

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikolastrojman

Industrial
Jul 17, 2007
AT
Hi,

i have a question about satisfying pump vendor nozzle loads. I have calculated loads acting on my pump nozzles and some of the individual load components (force and moment components) are above the ones specified by the pump vendor. The vendor also specified the resultant force and moment for each pump nozzle so my question is if i can use these values and compare them against the resultant forces and moments i have calculated and say that they are ok if they are below the ones that are specified by the vendor.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Yes.
I believe that when individuals are higher than allowed, but the resultant isn't, you're good most of the times.
What code/standard is the pump designed to? Most API standard specify allowable nozzle loads, so you could resort to the standard to get a definitive answer.

It is designed according to API 610 standard. I already checked my nozzle loads (the resultant force and moment) using the equation F.1 and F.2 of appendix F of this standard and i got results that were within the limits of this equations.

Not sure if I get your question/problem. If im correct, the loads satisfy API 610. In that case you're okay.
Do you happen to have some pipe stress calculation [program that can do all checks for you (it can check both individual as well ass resultant loads, and indicates if the relevant standard sch as API 610 is satisfied).

My question was more of a general nature to see if i can compare calculated resultant forces or moments against the ones specified by the vendor. In this particular case resultant force and moment specified by the vendor was even bigger than the ones specified in the table 4 of the API standard but becasue i didn't know if i could compare my results directly to the vendors i used equations from the appendix and i concluded that if my results satisfy these equations than I'm on the safer side.
By the way I know that Caesar can do this things for you but on at the moment I'm using Rohr2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back