Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Punch AND die/deep draw/stamp of dimples - new geometric form (Creo Parametric)

Status
Not open for further replies.

eriole3

Mechanical
Feb 11, 2021
DK
Hello everybody

I have been searching all over the internet, but I can't find any solution to my problem..

I am looking for a way to design/draw a blank/sheet metal after it has been pressed/stamped. It is a process where a coil of 0.4mm aluminum is pressed between two pressing forms, which create small dimples on the plate.

I have the CAD design of the two pressing forms - a punch (with the pressing dots), and a die with the pressing holes. (See CAD pictures).

In my experience, the punch and die form tools in Creo is creating a surface/geometry identically to the punch/die form. But that is not what I am looking for. In our situation, the punch is only like "stamping/deep drawing" the aluminum down the die - as illustrated in my sketch.

Are there any way to CAD design the geometry of the blank/sheet metal, after it has been pressed?? That would really help us a lot, as we then can design the product directly from the pressing tools, without the need of measuring the product itself afterwards and go backwards.

Have a nice day :)

Die design:
die_tbajmn.png

Punch design
punch_kd0qz3.png

Punch tool - sheet metal before:
Punch_tool_1_ob5ju3.jpg

Punch tool - sheet metal after:
punch_tool_2_cwlqkv.jpg

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Nope. Doing that would require a non-linear FEM contact analysis that can include any slippage of material from the edges of the clamping surfaces. In addition, the actual results vary slightly with thickness and hardness variations. Measuring the results and making an approximation will be faster and as accurate.

Bonjour à Tous,

Je cherche à concevoir dans créo, en tôlerie emboutissage, épais: 2.3mm un anneau idem qu'une jante de voiture mais avec des replis; voir la capture écran ;
Quelles fonctions puis je utiliser afin d'y arriver ?
Merci.
Bonne journée

emboutissage_replis_mu4o92.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back