Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

purge in intralink 3.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

vanpeltnv

Industrial
Feb 10, 2004
BE
If we do a purge is this problem resolved?
What are the risks if we do a purge?
How does this commando works?

Problem :
Whe checkout the generic off an assembly (A)
Whe checkout: all/ include generics/include instances/latest.

In the checkout box we see the assembly with all his parts and all the instances.
We also see another assembly (B) with all of his parts and instances.
The current assembly (A) has no dependency in assembly (B). In the past assembly (A)had refferences with assembly (B). Can we delete these old references? Is it possible when we do a purge on the assembly (A)?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Check the file version numbers. If you purge/delete the old versions of A that had the references to B, then you shouldn't have the B being checked out anymore when you checkout A. Use the Where Used Report to see the dependencies.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."
"Fixed in the next release" should replace "Product First" as the PTC slogan.

Ben Loosli
CAD/CAM System Analyst
Ingersoll-Rand

Hello,

I have not preformed a purge on our system, I read that if you purge you will not be able to bring back the history of that part or assembly, and if a part is used on other assemblies you may corrupt those even the current versions of that assembly.

Be very careful.... there is a lot of links hidden inside of Intralink and a purge may corrupt your data, that is why I have not done any purge on our system.

Tofflemire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back