Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pushover Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Engin Emre

Structural
Nov 2, 2019
TR
Hi
I have an existing prefabricated warehouse and i am trying to do pushover analysis at Sap2000.
My first question is for my precast truss, they have moment release at the column-beam connection, is it suitable to defining M3 hinge at that corner? Or must i define the hinge at the middle of the truss because my major moment is there?
And before pushover analysis i defined response spectrum, modal and dead+live load cases and run the analysis. After analysis i defined pushx and pushy load cases for displacement control. Do i give U1 (for 300 mm) for all 2 cases or must i give U1 for x case and u2 for y case? and for my dead+live nonlinear load case must i define U3 or it must be also U1?
truss_bars_l2sqky.jpg

I attached my truss. I defined it from section designer it has 590 mm height at the starting point and nearly 1400 mm height at the middle of the truss. i defined 2 sections, one 590 mm and other 1400 mm. i defined the bars also like in the picture. Does Sap2000 understands that the longitudinal bars are continueing from the first to the second section?

Thanks.
truss_bars_dbu9lg.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back